Storing/extracting embedded db within .odb

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Thu Jul 11 08:42:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 17:22 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> t seems to bring more
> >> problems than it is worth.
>
> > Makes sense. I still need to figure out how to do this given I'm
> > dealing with the storage within the driver, and the driver currently
> > doesn't get told when the .odb is being saved.
>
> My first guess is: it registers as a listener for that event.
>
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/document/XDocumentEventBroadcaster.html
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sdb/OfficeDatabaseDocument.html#XDocumentEventBroadcaster
>
> If that cannot work for some reason, then stick embedded-specific code
> in the code path of "save odb file".

That works (I've not quite implemented the actual saving yet but the event
arrives as expected). If I understand things correctly there's 1 connection per
odb that is open (i.e. all the embedded specific work can be done in
FConnection)?

(For the moment I'm just copying the .fdb file and will add code
to ensure a safe state of the file once that's working.)

Also, libfbembed is supposed to support connecting to remote firebird servers
-- I guess it's worth eventually supporting this too (as far as I can tell
the only thing I'd need to add is support for username/password/url, although
those can probably be done manually as part of the connection string)?

Cheers,

	Andrzej