[GSoC] Improve Toolbars: Weekly Updates
prashant3.yishu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 00:41:20 PDT 2013
The work this week also continued with the conversion of sidebar panels to
.ui. One more panel [LinePropertyPanel] after conversion to .ui got pushed.
With time moving ahead, I found the difficulty level of the codes (while
conversion to .ui) that I faced increased gradually with subsequent panels.
Currently three patches , ,  are still open and they'll be pushed
after getting perfect next week.
For the past week, since Kendy was on a vacation, I concentrated on making
the patches better (the-that-time-open-ones: AreaPropertyPanel and
+ debugged some code around toolbarmanager.cxx to start with the next task.
+ After the above three mentioned panels are completed and pushed
successfully, I'll be starting with the next task- 'Individual setting of
visibility of text-descriptions of toolbar buttons'.
Time permitting, I'll be reading some code around it this weekend and start
with the actual next task from upcoming Monday.
Not to forget, thanks Kendy for all the help and guidance!
 AreaPropertyPanel : https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/4402/
 PosSizePropertyPanel: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/4837/
 InsertPropertyPanel : https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/4881/
Thanks and Regards,
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Prashant Pandey
<prashant3.yishu at gmail.com>wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Continuing to my last week's work of panels conversion to .ui, here's an
> update of last week's progress.
> The further panels upon which I was working were much more difficult than
> the previous ones and needed much more attention, which was unfortunately
> not expected by me. I got stuck while their conversion and finally the got
> acquainted that the problem was some issue with Resource Id's.
> Nevertheless, one more patch for ParaPropertyPanel has been pushed
> successfully and the further work is currently in progress.
> This week, I'd be making my patches of AreaPropertyPanel and
> LinePropertyPanel as perfect as possible + time permitting working on some
> more panels!
> Thanks and Regards,
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Prashant Pandey <
> prashant3.yishu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I am working on LibreOffice's UI part to improve toolbars. The work
>> commenced by the Conversion of sidebar panels to .ui definition, with the
>> help of glade.
>> Since I never dealt with 'Glade', my first on-hand experience started
>> with learning glade. In the mean time I could learn and prepare the designs
>> for some sidebars, Kendy <kendy at suse.cz> provided me a wonderful
>> tutorial to get started with the coding part too, which could empower me to
>> opportunely complete the sidebar conversions for the following panels:
>> NumberFormatPropertyPanel , CellAppearancePropertyPanel  and
>> PagePropertyPanel . I am glad to announce that these changes have been
>> prosperously pushed to master in the first week.
>> On the present scale, we are finished with 'Calc' (on the part of .ui
>> panel conversions) and I am currently working on 'Writer'. Around 3 further
>> changes (for writer) are pushed to gerrit and the work is still in
>> progress. Hopefully I'll be done with all the required leftover sidebar
>> conversions, by the end of next week/weekend.
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Prashant Pandey
>> IRC- elixir
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice