How to know the current viewed page and line in writer

Andrew Douglas Pitonyak andrew at pitonyak.org
Wed Jul 17 15:27:12 PDT 2013

Does not really answer your question, but:

   MsgBox "PageCount = " & ThisComponent.CurrentController.PageCount &
CHR$(10) & _
      "LineCount = " & ThisComponent.CurrentController.LineCount &
CHR$(10) & _
      "Current Page = " & ThisComponent.CurrentController.ViewCursor.Page

In AndrewMacro.odt, look for a section titled "Where is the Display
Cursor?", which also does not answer your question, but it might be useful.

On 07/17/2013 03:18 AM, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 07:59:43PM +0300, Ptyl Dragon <ptyl at cloudon.com> wrote:
>> 1. Which line the writer GUI is currently showing (which may be different
>> from the line the caret / cursor is on - such as when scrolling, for
>> example)
> The GUI is typically showing an area of the document, which is more a
> rectangle than a given set of lines. You can use
> document::XViewDataSupplier to read/write that data:
>
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/document/XViewDataSupplier.html
>
>> 2. How many lines there are in total, in the writer document
> Isn't that available as part of the document stats?
>
>> Additionally, as a fallback, we would like to simply to know which page
>> writer is showing, and how many pages there are in total.
> See
>
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/qa/extras/inc/swmodeltestbase.hxx#getPages
>
> on how to get the number of pages using UNO.
>
> Miklos

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php