Gerrit migration

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jul 18 06:26:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 01:30:18PM +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> good news, everyone! Robert, Alex and I managed to install Gerrit
> into a shiny new KVM based on Ubuntu 12.04, with the documentation
> provided.
>
> I just mailed directly to Björn, Norbert and David so they get
> access to that VM. Further users will follow when it's productive.
> This new Gerrit instance is available at
> http://vm20.documentfoundation.org right now.
>
> I'd like to ask you three to confirm things are working as expected
> and all components are installed. I assume that gitbot (not sure if
> that's the right name, but I'm not talking about gerritbot) and the
> buildbot plugin are missing. Please check and verify the instance is
> working as expected, or send documentation for missing pieces so we
> can install it.

So, I did a quick check of basic operations:

- website is working -> check
  - LibreOffice theming is missing (not mission critical)
  - gitweb is missing (not mission critical)
  - SSL cert warning
- sign in with OpenID -> check
- ssh login for git pushes -> check
- ACL/groups -> at least some groups are missing it seems
  -> I expect direct pushes to master not to work as-is (no group committers)
- buildbot -> missing it seems
- admin login on box -> failed
  - thus I cannot check if the gerritbot sending mails to the dev-list is
    set-up.
- I havent checked where the gerritircbot is running.

So the ACLs for the committer group seem mission critial to me.
@Norbert: Any input on that?

buildbot, gitweb, adminaccess for Bjoern (and others) to check gerritbot, check
gerritircbot, theming are the remaining things in order of importance, none of
those mission critical IMHO.

Best,

Bjoern