LO 4.1.0 : debian desktop integration package

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Jul 19 00:54:32 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 09:42:29AM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane píše v Pá 19. 07. 2013 v 08:42 +0200:

>> However, there is worse coming. Someone that has installed this buggy
>> 4.1.0.3 will not get a complete fix when upgrading to LO 4.1.1 :-(
>> unless he/she uninstalls the misnamed "libreoffice" package.
>> Actually, the new (now correctly named) libreoffice4.1-debian-menus
>> package will fail to install because of file conflict with the
>> still-installed misnamed libreoffice.

>> We should add something like:

>>  Replaces: libreoffice (= 4.1.0-)

> We need to make sure that we do not break the native Ubuntu/Debian
> packages.

The very precise version limitation should ensure that, since Debian &
derivatives will not have a package with version "4.1.0-"; they might
have "4.1.0-1", though, but that's a different version. Rene? Am I
correct on this? Strictly versioned Replaces do actually work as
expected in practice with the versions of dpkg in circulation?

> We could also solve this by a notice in the release notes. It would
> not be the first time when we asked users to remove the older
> version before removing the new one.

Hmm.

>> to the new libreoffice4.1-debian-menus package. Hmm... I should test
>> that... Petr, how do I actually build those .debs?

> Anyway, the debs/rpms are not built by default. You need to enable it by
> the configure options:

>           --enable-epm
>           --with-package-format=deb

Ah, that's what I was missing... Thanks.

--
Lionel