FDO Version Management

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 23:02:40 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I have hidden all non release version of version 3.4 on FDO - I don't
forsee this being a problem as I doubt a bug will need to be set to one
of these particular versions but if this is an issue now or in the
future please let me know and I'll re-activate one or more.

I will be doing the same with 3.5 in the coming day(s) - we know that
some distros are still using 3.4 (RHEL) and 3.5 (Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10),
they are both on release versions so bugs reported by users using these
should be a release - if QA or someone else has to change the version to
a pre-release let me know and either I will do it or I'll activate the
version temporarily.

We're trying to keep FDO much cleaner - 50+ versions just gets confusing
and all of these are way past EOL.

Also, I'd like to get feedback about a version "pre-bibisect" - right
now we just mark these as 3.5beta0 as it's "at least that old" but
that's not really incredibly accurate as to the level of triage work
that has been done. Pre-bibisect instead would say "3.5 or older" which
is as far as we can prove if the bug appears in earliest bibisect package.

Thoughts appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Joel