[libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC4 test builds available for smoketesting

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 06:12:41 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Mateusz Zasuwik <mzasuwik at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only thing I imply is that new major release is enhanced by
> useless formats. These files are dead, they come from dead software
> and in bugzilla system you won't find even one bugreport relevant to!

And notheless someone bothered to work at it, produce some code,
tested it and integrated it... and in a way that does not make the
world a masive pain for the rest of the dev, like binfilter was.

In open source things do not happen because pleanty of persons 'want'
something, but because at least one person _does_ something.

> Linux is alive platform and encrypted ODF files are in common usage.
> It would be great if elementary functionality just works instead of
> adding features no one needed.

At least someone needed it... otherwise that person would not have
written it to start with.

> More visible? Apart from this, I asked people on IRC channel
> (libreoffice-dev) to glance at this issue.
[...]
"Second one: "yeah! ask them (developers) to give you back your
> money".

can you pin point the approximate date.. I have a fairly complete log,
but I cannot find such exchange in libreoffice-dev
That is generally not the tone in libreoffice-dev... especially not
out of the blue...

> You fix it in 15 minutes? Great! So now many people can just wait next
> half of year to 4.2 release. Thanks a lot for attention.

No, they will have to wait until 4.1.1, which is what... 3 weeks from now?

Norbert