Daily Win32 debug builds

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jul 25 07:44:11 PDT 2013

 Hello,

 as mentioned earlier, I've switched #6 tinderbox to do --enable-debug builds,
and thanks to Fridrich by now I have also a working version that allows
anybody to get usable backtraces.

 In short, besides daily builds at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@6-debug/ there is also
a symbols directory. If you add the
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@6-debug/symbols URL to
MSVC->Tools->Options->Debugging->Symbols , then MSVC will fetch needed .pdb
files when debugging one of those builds.

 I have no yet updated the wiki and made this public in any other way, as I'd
like this to be somewhat checked first, and I'm also not completely sure the
server can handle it. Each full set of .pdb files is about 2.5GiB , the
tinderbox currently uploads them only for the last 5 dailies for master.
Additionally, the .pdb symbols store stuff is smart enough to reuse
unchanged .pdb files (which is quite likely to happen for #6 tinderbox, as it
does incremental builds, I'm not sure if that'd work also with clean
rebuilds).

 So I think my questions are basically:
- how much space can I take with this on dev-builds? If I enable it also for
4.0 and 4.1 tinderbox and keep it for 5 last dailies, the space requirements
should be somewhere below 100GiB tops, but in practice probably less.
- can the server take the bandwith load? Tinderbox is rate-limited for upload,
so that's not a problem, but I don't have an estimate for download. MSVC
downloads only those .pdb files it actually needs, and it can cache them
locally, so it's hopefully not that much.
- is there any other option I should be asking :) ?

 Attached is a tinderbox master.sh script I currently use.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz