minutes of ESC call ...

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Fri Jul 26 08:19:13 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:40:03PM +0200, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at suse.cz> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 04:34:02PM +0100, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
> > AI:  + write a trivial example for paragraph properties (Miklos)
>
> Done:

As Michael Stahl mentioned on IRC, it turns out we already have
something similar for ODF: RES_UNKNOWNATR_CONTAINER in sw, its uno api
is xml::ParaUserDefinedAttributesSupplier.

Given that it serves a different purpose (we don't want to write back
those OOXML properties to ODF, nor the other way around), having
different UNO properties make sense, but it would be wise to check if
the underlying SfxPoolItem (SvXMLAttrContainerItem) could be reused,
instead of the newly introduced SfxGrabBagItem. SfxGrabBagItem is a
string-any map, while SvXMLAttrContainerItem is a string-string map
(with some additional namespace support, but you can ignore that).

If it's confirmed that such a grab bag container doesn't have to support
nesting, then reusing is possible, I think. But I'm not sure that's the
case, seeing that in case of normal UNO properties, both structures and
simple values are used as a property value. Opinions?