fdo#46037, about converting printoptions (svtools module)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 10:14:06 PDT 2013

On 07/25/2013 10:12 AM, julien2412 wrote:
> I'm trying to convert printoptions according to fdo#46037
> The problem is the more I work on it, the more I think I must duplicate each
> method for SvtPrinterOptions and for SvtPrintFileOptions. At the end, the
> constructor + destructor would be empty since m_xCfg and m_xNode, mutex,
> refcount, part could be removed
> Would it be ok?

Many of those ...Options classes are indeed nothing more than thin
wrappers around the configuration's UNO API, and could likely go away
more or less entirely when you rewrite the clients to directly use the
configuration's C++ wrappers.

> Another question :  is it possible to convert sal_Bool to bool?

There is no general and easy answer to that question.  (We of course
want to get rid of sal_Bool, but we are stuck with it in the UNO API;
and there's gotchas when changing from sal_Bool -> bool, e.g. if you
change the signature of an overriding virtual function that way it
silently becomes non-overriding.)

Stephan