[GSOC] Implementing Table Styles - Status update

Alex Ivan alexnivan at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 28 12:02:12 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

This week I've mostly done debugging of previous changes. As far as I can
tell, I've managed to
separate the hard formatting of a table from the style associated with it.
However, a strange bug has appeared that I've been trying to solve these
last couple of days, but
to no avail. After my most recent commit, the styles are no longer loaded
into the dialog. The part
of code that is responsible for reading them from the input file states that
the number of styles to
load is 0. Most likely, I've somehow corrupted the file they are stored in.
Strange thing is, I seem
unable to replace it with a valid copy, because now building previous
versions, that did not have
this issue yields the same result. I will try some more, but if somebody
else could take a look at it,
things might go easier. Once I manage to sort this out, the Save mechanism
for table styles should
be disabled, to prevent this from happening again, and because the targeted
goal is to have user
defined styles stored with the document, or, at least that's how I
understand it.

It now remains to set the correct relations between table/cell frames and
their respective formats
in order to have the correct properties displayed to the user. Also, the
undo and copy/paste
mechanisms will require some more tweaking. Then, we'll be able to move to
creating the UI for
defining the table style or working on the import/export filters, whichever
is more relevant to
you.

Regards,
Alex