[GSOC] about:config utility - Weekly Report #6

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN efeyalaman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 05:15:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

This week was very productive. We have a kind of useful tab page now. It
recursively traverses the configurations via XNameAccess. And shows the
values mostly properly. Currently shown types are: boolean, long, string,
string sequence, long sequence. In case of needed I will find and implement
new datatypes.

Current recursion completes itself about 20 minutes both on new and old
hardware I have. It is not the most effective code I have ever wrote
actually :). But this is not at the top of my priority list for now. Also
page has usability issues too. I will look for them after handling types
correctly on edit button.

Here is more organized report:

==What I did?==
-getConfigurationAccess method implemented. Gets ReadOnly or Update access
according to given parameters.
-FillItems method implemented. Recursion on here. Traverses through
configurations using UNO api.
-Reset method implemented. It is the method all options tab pages have.
Kind of init function. Revert button calls this method too.
-InsertEntry method implemented. It is used for adding new entries to the
-HeaderSelect_Hdl implemented. Handles clicking on headerbar of listbox.

==What I am doing?==
-Currently working on edit buttons functionality. I am searching a proper
way to handle configs. Currently can take booleans and toggle them only on
cosmetic side. Don't touch real configurations right now.

==What will I do?==
-Will improve the performance. There is something I recognized. Without
adding values to the listbox the traverse tooks about 3 seconds. Current
entry insertion is on recursion. Extracting this out of recursion may solve
the problem mostly.
-Especially string lists doesn't looks properly on the list. There is a
button labeled "Default" on UI. I want to rename it and make it to use for
show the value of list. Or maybe I can use edit button for the both
representation and modifying. Will concider later.
-I will look for the changing the weight to the bold of the changed values.
Will concider later.
-Page really needs a search bar. Will look after proper handling.

Here is a screenshot. I gave /org.openoffice.Office.Common as rootpath
because giving / as root takes too long. Also tab order is not correct too.


Efe Gürkan YALAMAN
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/attachments/20130729/a0f9c92c/attachment.html>

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list