Menu bar crashes on mouse over.

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.de
Wed Jul 31 09:23:19 PDT 2013

On 07/31/2013 11:08 AM, Marcos Souza wrote:
> Hi Kohei,
>
> Em 07/31/2013 11:55 AM, Kohei Yoshida escreveu:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just built the latest master build, and now every time I set the
>> mouse cursor over the menu bar, it crashes right away.
>>
>> I pulled several times and did clean builds several times to make
>> sure it was not an incremental build issue.
>>
>> Does anyone else get the same problem?
> I had this issue some time ago.... but after some time after(I believe
> a month or more, pulling and working with the code), this issue were
> gone.

I've tracked down the problem to Menu::GetTipHelpText() where pData in

MenuItemData* pData = pItemList->GetData( nItemId );

is NULL.  Based on the assertion that follows, this GetData is never
supposed to return a NULL pointer there.

Still looking deeper, but I'm hoping that someone who's been in this
area recently can figure this out quicker than I could....

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc hacker, SUSE.