make ok, but make install fails

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 02:18:36 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 10:05 +0200, oger000 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I try to build LO 4.0.3 on a ubuntu box.
>
> "make clean" and "make" looks fine (for me at least) but
> "make install" fails with "missing files"

what's claimed to be missing FWIW is the help files.

So, does "make dev-install" work ? That might be what you really want
anyway if you want to hack on libreoffice. If not, then it might be a
little bug in the make install logic somewhere that it assumes that help
has been built. You could workaround that with ./configure --with-help
which will pull down the help submodule and presumably then that'll
build and be available to keep make install happy.

C.