oox service mess

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 09:37:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thursday, 2013-05-30 18:44:03 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> I have no idea whether or not that effectively empty list of
> FilterFormulaParser implementations in the ScParserFactoryMap ctor
> is a problem or not, as I have not found a way to trigger that code,
> and neither Moggi nor Kohei new exactly how to do that either.  I'm
> putting Eike on cc, maybe he can shed some light once he's back from
> vacation.

So, trying to put some puzzle pieces together and adding some missing
link bits from my volatile memory, this seems to date back to SNORCL
days where the intention was to implement also binary filters,
specifically Excel, via UNO API using the FormulaParser's second token
assembling step. Actually the code in oox, now sc/source/filter/oox/,
was prepared to read/write Excel BIFF as can be seen by the various
mappings in sc/source/filter/oox/formulabase.cxx

It seems the removal of unusedcode removed only the BIFF parts that
indeed were unused.

> Anyway, if that OOXMLFormulaParser implementation should be gone for
> good, the dangling reference to it should be remove from
> sc/util/scfilt.component.

Which in the mean time seems to be done. The name OOXMLFormulaParser
makes me wonder though as this is not strictly related to OOXML ...

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack