[ANN] LibreOffice 4.1.0 Beta2 available

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Jun 16 02:25:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 12:08:30AM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the second Beta release
> of our new LibreOffice 4.1. The upcoming 4.1 will be our sixth major
> release in two and a half years, and comes with a nice set of new
> features. Please be aware that LibreOffice 4.1 Beta2 is not ready yet
> for production use, you should continue to use LibreOffice 4.0.3 for
> that.
>
> For further milestones towards 4.1, please refer to our release plan
> timings here:
>
>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.1#4.1.0_release
>
> The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
> builds download page at
>
>   http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/

and in:

 https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/libreoffice-prereleases

you will find a very early packaging build for 4.1beta2 for Ubuntu saucy. The
Ubuntu PPA builders had trouble coping with the size of this build. To have a
build for testing at all multiple measurements had to be taken, the most
drastic being disabling Java and KDE. With the former also:
- disabling building the fancy new autopkgtests -- I ran them locally though
- make the libreoffice metapackage uninstallable as it depends on reportbuilder
  (which depends on Java and thus is not build)
  run something like:
     apt-get install libreoffice-writer libreoffice-impress libreoffice-calc

I hate to make the beta public like this, but before getting no testing at all,
I push this out in the current state with a big red warning label.

Best,

Bjoern