Bonjour Service implementation on server end

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Jun 17 02:51:42 PDT 2013

(Sorry, I noticed now that I had forgotten to reply to this email...
Please, let's have technical discusion like this in public on the
LibreOffice development list.)

On 12 June 2013 11:49, Siqi Liu <me at siqi.fr> wrote:

> Now that I can get the remote end to connect to server with a manually
> setup ip address, I'm looking for a way to allow users to easily discover
> running server end on the local network automatically....which leads me to
> the Bonjour protocol.

Yep, that is what we should use to find OS X Impress instances, I think.

> It seems that Bonjour has some great support for Mac and iOS device so I
> can search for running mac libreoffice instance on the local network. But
> I'm not sure if we have some nice c++ native support (and also are there
> any windows, linux support for Bonjour?) for that since libreoffice is
> supposed to work cross-platform.

I think the implementation for Linux is called Avahi. Not sure about
Windows.

> Do you have any experience around that?

Sorry, nope.

And where can I find the server end code in the libO repo?

sd/source/ui/remotecontrol

--tml