Unused and bugous border dialog

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 07:19:15 PDT 2013

Hi all,

      I found a dialog which is not used (as I see) and the belonging code
is also bugous. This dialog is SwBorderDlg which has the same ui as the
commonly used "Borders" tab page (e.g. Format -> Paragraph... -> Borders).

The dialog can be working but the creation is wrong:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/ui/shells/basesh.cxx#2357
The pointer above show the case into which the progam jump when the dialog
is intented to execute (it seems this code is never executed). In this case
the program decides which type of "Borders" dialog to execute (table,
frame, paragraph).

Problems:
  -This code does not take a notice of page border (it must be a newer
feature) but open the same dialog as in the case of paragraphs. It is
errornous because the paragraph type has an additional checkbox "Merge with
next paragraph".
  -How can the shell decide whether execute the page or the paragraph
specific dialog.
  -I intend to add a new type for character border which make more
indefinit this decision.

I find these commits adding the functionality, but they don't help:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?qt=range&q=7b0b5cdfe

So the question is that anybody knows what the aim of this dialog or how it
can be used in the future.

Additionally the same bugous decision making appear for background (It
seems it is unused too).
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/ui/shells/basesh.cxx#2424

Regards,
Tamás