minutes of ESC call ...

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Thu Jun 27 00:43:50 PDT 2013

On Thu Jun 20 07:56:45 PDT 2013, Michael Meeks wrote:
[...]
> * gerrit build-bot awesomeness (Michael)
> it appears to work rather well, we have hardware coming
> + can we enable it for all committers ?
[...]
>+ can we give out the ssh command - so committers can trigger
>  them explicitly ? (Bjoern)

No, Gerrit plugin API is lacking the support for plugin-owned ACLs, so
currently VIEW_QUEUE Gerrit's core ACL is used to control which actions
(all) the user can perform. While we solved this limitation during last
Gerrit Hackathon, it is still (partially) pending for review [1].

>+ is there a wiki page to follow to setup buildbots ? (Thorsten)
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/tb

i tried to target the documentation to different formats: html, manual
page and PDF here [2]. Unfortunately my patch was rejected ;-(

>+ if you do a +2 - as a committer, but don't push it,
>  auto trigger a build
>+ prefer to have a criteria to auto-schedule
>  manual +2 without commit, just a safety precaution
>  to avoid destruction.
>+ DavidO has it already done in the plugin (Bjoern)

"+2 Vote Trigger Strategy" was only implemented, because we didn't think
about a "Schedule" button placed on the Change Screen (and Gerrit hadn't
support for it anyway). So, consider this as an ugly non obvious hack.

>+ how to trigger builds ? (Norbert)

With "Schedule" button. We only still don't have it, because Gerrit
plugin model is lacking the support for UI extensions. We solved that
during last Gerrrit Hackathon [3], it was (partially) merged and is
going to be available for the next upcoming 2.8 release.

While the way to go is the "Schedule" button, the question is:

1/ wait until Gerrit 2.8 is released (2014?)
2/ back port that feature (done [4]) and patch vanilla Gerrit 2.6.x

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/q/project:gerrit
+branch:master+topic:capabilities,n,z

[2] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/2068/

[3] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/q/project:gerrit