The mouse-centered zooming work from last year

Tim Hardeck thardeck at suse.de
Fri Mar 1 10:09:25 PST 2013

Hi Tor,

On 03/01/2013 05:48 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Last year there was work by Tim Hardeck to implement mouse-centered
> zooming. See http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Libreoffice-ux-advise-PATCH-Mouse-centered-zooming-td3906261.html
> for instance. For some reason that work never got included in the
> sources, I guess there were some glitches still in it and then Tim
> didn't have more time to work on it, or something.

the patch/concept was not accepted by ux-advise.

I have talked to Michael Meeks at the time and he suggested that people
would expect something similar to pinch to zoom, like Google Earth.

The problem was that a zooming implementation like this would have
needed a pixel based approach so I would have needed to start all over
again and I didn't have the time afterward.

> Is there any reason
> to not have another go at it?

You most likely would have to start from scratch to implement pinch to
zoom but except of that it would be great to have something like this in
Libreoffice.

> (Tim, is the patch attached to the email linked to above the last
> version of this work?)

Yes it is.

Regards
Tim

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)