--disable-database-connectivity option is broken?

David Ostrovsky david.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Sat Mar 2 09:51:48 PST 2013

Hi,

do we still support --disable-database-connectivity or should it be
removed as once --disable-xmlsecurity?
I am asking because it is currently broken.

First problem is Module_postprocess.mk: Rdb_services is failing to copy
the components (that weren't built yet).
While uncommenting that line (temporaly) even more weird problems occur:
https://ci.idaia.de/job/LO-Ubuntu-Head/32/console

Mutiple undefines because many objects in svx are excluded from the
build with this condition
in Library_svxcore.mk:

[...]
ifneq (,$(filter DBCONNECTIVITY,$(BUILD_TYPE)))
[...]

while other objects that actually using these objects are always
included and the symbols are missing.
My first thought was to include the missing objects unconditionally, but
that failed because
they depends (in svx) on connectivity, that is disabled with
--disable-database-connectivity:

svx/inc/svx/dbtoolsclient.hxx
#include <connectivity/virtualdbtools.hxx>

so i gave up and ask your advice how to fix it (or remove that option)?

Thanks
David