Problems amending commit

Ruslan Kabatsayev b7.10110111 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:08:16 PST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Philipp Weissenbacher
> Hi all,
>
> I have problems incorporating the changes suggested by Thomas Arnhold in
> Change-Id: I98c1ffcb.
>
> I tried the following (following the wiki and Winfried's question regarding
> this
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/how-to-submit-a-patch-set-2-or-greater-to-gerrit-td4027094.html):
>
> philipp at styx libo$ ./logerrit cherry-pick I98c1ffcb4
> From ssh://logerrit/core
>  * branch            refs/changes/39/2539/2 -> FETCH_HEAD
> # On branch master
> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 4 commits.
> #   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
> #
> # You are currently cherry-picking.
> #   (all conflicts fixed: run "git commit")
> #
> # Changes not staged for commit:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
> directory)
> #
> # modified:   sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
> #
> no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
> The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict resolution.
> If you wish to commit it anyway, use:
>
>     git commit --allow-empty
>
> Otherwise, please use 'git reset'
> philipp at styx libo$ git commit -a --amend && ./logerrit submit
> fatal: You are in the middle of a cherry-pick -- cannot amend.
>
> I tried to git reset --hard and do the cherry-pick + editing + git commit
> --amend again, but to no avail. I always end up with "fatal: You are in the
> middle of a cherry-pick -- cannot amend."

You can reset to remote state via "git reset --hard origin/HEAD" or
"git reset --hard origin/BranchName". Or, just as easy, look some
recent commit in your tree and reset ot it via "git reset --hard
$COMMIT_ID". This will take you out of being in the middle of the
cherry-pick.