cross-compiling and python

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:12:30 PST 2013

On 5 March 2013 12:38, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
>> --enable-build-python=<system/internal>
>
> But we have a generic --with-build-platform-configure-options option
> that can be used to pass several options to the sub-configury for the
> build platform. Would it work to use:
>
> --with-build-platform-configure-options=--enable-python=internal
> --enable-whatever-else --with-something ?

No, this is not going to work.
I should have express myself better. This is not only about cross-compiling.
The problem is that for build platform you don't want to build pyuno
and all the other things. You only want to be able to execute python
when building. But configure checks for python >= 3.3 for no good
reason I hope.
    checking which Python to use... system
    checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 3.3... none
    configure: error: no suitable Python interpreter found

--enable-build-python is supposed to be used also when not cross-compiling.
You may want to use --disable-python or --enable-python=internal but
still want system python for building.
I also don't like comment in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/configure.ac#n7303
and all the special handling of $build_os = cygwin

Hope it makes more sense now ?

Thanks,
Matus