On Mac OSX, configure silently ignores misspelt option --enable-ext-wiki-publishe, no error message produced

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 7 02:43:55 PST 2013

Hi Alexander, *,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding of ./autogen.sh was that if a mistyped switch was input
> then an error would be produced by the configure script.

No - by default it only prints a warning (and as it is a default
configure switch and no custom one, it only prints it during
configure's output at the very top, not in the summary at the end).

> However, this
> does not seem to be the case, at least for :
>
> --enable-ext-wiki-publishe (note the trailing missing "r")

Please double-check whether there really is no code generated in
confiugre for this.

> Is this normal default behaviour for ./autogen.sh on OSX, or is there
> something I'm missing ?

That is no behaviour from autogen or configure.ac, but rather from the
atuoconf tool...

> I'm pretty certain that on my Linux boxes, any mistyped switch gets
> flagged as an error and stops configure from proceeding.

Nope, only an error if you explicitly provide --enable-option-checking=fatal

ciao
Christian