Missing service SvgWriter - forgotten when rebasing with AOO

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 10 06:29:53 PDT 2013

>      What good will it be to get a volunteer to build a mysql connector for
> 4.0 if the connector can not be build? There are problems on OS X and LInux
> because of changes made in autogen.sh. This needs to be fixed first before
> finding a volunteer.
>      Until recently, this is used to configure the connector:
> ./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mysql-connector --with-system-mysql.
>
>      In the last couple of days, this has been changed (without seemingly
> any documentation on this mailing list) to:
> ./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mariadb-connector --with-system-mariadb.
>
>      One other problem in building this connector that did not exist prior
> to the change from mysql to mariadb: autogen.sh does not find the installed
> version of mariadb. This also prevents building the connector.
>      This is the output containing the errors:
>
> checking whether to build the MariaDB/MySQL Connector extension... yes
> checking which MariaDB to use... external
> checking for mariadb_config... no
> checking MariaDB version... ./configure: line 21356: --version: command not
> found
> ./configure: line 21357: --version: command not found
> ./configure: line 21358: test: : integer expression expected
> configure: error: too old, use 5.0.x or 5.1.x
> Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 201.
>      It appears that this problem should be corrected first before trying to
> build the MariaDB/MySQL connector.

You should not use master if you want something for productive use.
Use the 4.0 branch where everything is still like before.

Testing master is of course appreciated but you should also note that
it is still unstable and incompatible changes might happen. To
announce these changes or fix them we still have a few months to the
4.1 release. IF you want to build the MySQL Connector use the
libreoffice-4-0 branch which should work for all 4.0.x builds.

Regards,
Markus