archive / install slowness ...

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 13:38:02 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 17:14 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> actually that doesn't appear to be the case - none of the
> dictionaries/Dictionary*.mk or */Zip*.mk use wildcard * to add files,
> all list the files explicitly.

But FWIW libexttextcat did use a pattern, for its fingerprints, and has
been happily packing nothing for quite some time seeing as the pattern
didn't work. I tried to get it to "do the right thing"
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=eba2ef9504fe4034cbb44840d459d82ab8a141b1
but failed
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d7ca9b5cbcac463dd1baa089180bac2a1c0e5e39
so now it painfully lists everything when it really wants to just be a
pattern.

As an aside, I noticed the "file not found" or some such warning flying
by during the build, and there are a bunch of *other* places warning
about unmatched files during .zip created.

C.