gmake instructions for running an individual unit test appear to be out of date

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 08:30:53 PDT 2013

On 12 March 2013 16:18, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 of March 2013, Matúš Kukan wrote:
>> On 12 March 2013 15:20, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:
>> >     to rerun just this failed test without all others, run:
>> >         make /home/noel/libo/workdir/unxlngx6/JunitTest/sfx2_complex/done
>> >
>> > When it should actually say something like (I guess?) :
>> >
>> >     to rerun just this failed test without all others, run:
>> >          make JunitTest_sfx2_complex
>> >
>> > Certainly the current instructions don't work.
>>
>> Indeed, thanks.
>
>  That's strange, though. The user-friendly JunitTest_* target is just a phony
> target depending on the .../done target, so they both should work.

They work if you are already forwarded in gbuild's makefiles by
Makefile.gbuild or solenv/gbuild/partial_build.mk
but toplevel Makefile does not know the target and there is no
automatic rule to forward unknown targets.
Maybe there could be and then we don't need gbuild_TARGETS list in Makefile

Best,
Matus