String methods cleanup

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Mar 13 06:39:01 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 09:34 -0300, Ricardo Montania wrote:
> I'm currently working in the removal of the class String, more
> specifically, in the AppendAscii method. But frequently I need to
> rewrite some functions that requires String to use OUString. And these
> changes generate big patches, because the change need to be pushed at
> once.
>
> There is some problem in this way?

	No problem - but of course, if we can reduce the ripple effects by
casting back to String at method boundaries (that operation is nearly
free) if that makes the changes more discrete - it's well worth doing I
think.

	Is that ok ? :-) but of course in general, big changes need big
patches :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.