gcc wrapper for MSVC

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Mar 14 01:56:43 PDT 2013

By the way, ten years or so ago I was also hacking (occasionally) on a
MSVC wrapper that would emulate gcc's command line syntax and options.

I never got enthusiastic enough to get it working well enough to be
usable for what I intended. It used to live in GLib's sources, as
build/win32/cl-wrapper.c I think. it is no longer there, but googling
for cl-wrapper.c turns up various copies of various versions (and
perhaps with enhancements by others) that have been adopted by other
projects (which is nice, I didn't know that;).

So that might give some inspiration, although the basic working of
that cl-wrapper.c is probably totally different from what you are
planning.

--tml