[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Pivot Table data provider extension framework (removal possibility)

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:43:43 PDT 2013

Hi Astron,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Stefan Knorr <heinzlesspam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kohei, Eike,
>
>>> I'd like to ask whether someone actually uses this Pivot Table data
>>> provider extension framework, because I'd like to remove this if
>>> nobody is using it, or only few people are using it.
>
> Hm, a list that is decidedly low-volume is probably the wrong list
> here... I don't know, maybe the users list is a better fit..?

Well, that may be a good idea....  But I didn't want to post it there
first because I wanted to actually reach out to enterprise users who
might actually use the functionality (if they still do),  or any
developers who serviced such users.  I didn't think non-enterprise
users, or those who casually use it without investing lots of
development resources would use this particular functionality since
the extension itself constitutes almost half of the whole pivot table
engine (i.e. the custom data connectivity part as well as the result
calculation engine part). So, unless there is a read-made extension
that provides such functionality already in the wild (which Eike said
is very unlikely), any user of this backend would have to have enough
resource to develop the extension.

Kohei