Android market 50mb cap

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 00:19:48 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike I would like to see some proof on this as I have seen apps on the play
> store which are larger then 50Mb i have seen some close to 200Mb.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12371302/android-apk-size-limitation-in-google-play

"Expansion files act kind of weird. To the user, they look like a
normal app. A 50MB app with 150MB worth of expansion files will look
like a 200MB download. Google Play will download the main app first.
It will then download the main expansion file and then the patch
expansion file. All in seemingly one lump sum."

--R