fdo#61135 New feature in Calc: Stepped Lines graphs - first part of code submitted

Eric Seynaeve bugzilla.libreoffice at nosperse.com
Sat Mar 16 15:20:53 PDT 2013

I have (finally) created a mock with the new features added. There was a
mistake in it first which cause me to loose quite some time in a wild goose-
chase :-( I attach it so this mail and place it under MPL/LGPLv3.

On Friday 08 March 2013 09:55:53 Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> >> remove all the references to the GNM_* values in the other source
> >> files. For that to correctly work we need to register the gnumeric
> >> namespace and map the elements in the chart namespace and the elements
> >> in the gnumeric namesapce to the same UNO attributes.
> >
> > Could you explain this a bit more. Are we talking about the XML namespace
> > or the C++ namespace ? I see some references in the code related to
> > Gnumeric and a link with orcus.
>
> We are talking about XML namespaces. The gnumeric elements with gnm
> prefix are in an gnumeric namespace. The other links you see to
> gnumeric code is in calc and orcus for the gnumeric import which is
> only a proof of concept right now.
>
> So the right way is to register the namespace. An exmaple for such a
> change is
> (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f18a242966d3fd25ec
> 0832c09ce7164bdae7ba2d ) where I added a namespace for calc ODF1.2 extended
> elements. You need to do something similar for gnumeric with the
> http://www.gnumeric.org/odf-extension/1.0 URL. It makes sense to use
> GNM or something like that as namespace alias in our code as this is
> more or less the official gnumeric namespace prefix.

I look at your code Markus and it seems doeable. However, I wonder if this is
really needed for attribute *values* ("gnm:step-start" is a value of the
chart:interpolation attribute). This is indeed confusing as mentioned by
Regina (ML on feb 21st).

If it's needed, I will add the namespace but I was just wondering.

> >> into the gnumeric namespace. Additionally we need to take care of the
> >> ODF version during export and make sure we only export it into ODF1.2
> >> extended. I think Thorsten was fine with exporting the elements into
> >> the chart namespace but only for ODF 1.2 extended.

Indeed.

> > Secondly, can you point to an example where the above is done ? Then I can
> > implement something similar.
>
> Sadly this one is a bit tricky. Normally the magic happens in how we
> specify the attribute values in the map but for this one I need to
> explore it a bit more.

Do you have an example for me ? The new values are written also when we select
1.0/1.1 compatibility, so this is something that still needs some work.

Next item is the UI.

Eric