Attempting to Build PUNO 0.9.0 against LibreOffice 3.4.x SDK

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 10:23:38 PDT 2013

On 03/19/2013 02:18 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Attempting to build PUNO 0.9.0 (PHP connector for UNO) with the
> LibreOffice 3.4.x SDK,  over from the OpenOffice 3.2 SDK.  Theoretically
> it supports the 3.4.x SDK.  I know I have had linker drama in the past
> with building this... but I can't find my &@^$&*@@( notes.  Drats!

LO 3.4 is so old that you'll hardly find anybody who'll be able to help
you...

> Register necessary runtime components in the types.rdb
> "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/ure/bin/regcomp" -register
> -r /tmp/PUNO/modules/types.rdb -c connector.uno.so
> connector.uno.so
> register component 'connector.uno.so' in registry
> '/tmp/PUNO/modules/types.rdb' failed!
> error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): connector.uno.so: cannot
> get symbol: component_writeInfo

connector.uno.so has been changed from active to passive UNO component
registration (see
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Passive_Component_Registration>) a long
time ago.

Whoever maintains that PUNO should definitely (get in touch here to) get
it updated to the modern world (where registration of components in a
types.rdb is soon a thing of the past completely anyway).

Stephan