make error

d.ostrovsky at idaia.de d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Wed Mar 20 07:37:45 PDT 2013

Quoting Rene Engelhard <rene at debian.org>:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:22:59PM +0100, d.ostrovsky at idaia.de wrote:
>> But why do we still stick to 1.5 source and target version of
>> bytecode anyway?
>
> Wven when we didn't, you need to use =1.6 (if you built with java7)
Which bring me to the question why? UNO java bridge doesn't support 1.7?

> which would still keep the need for -target so this is (at least half)
> a no-op for this specific issue.

But then still what is here the rule and what is here an exception?
The rule is we still must stick to -target 1.6.
And the exception is that one distro can only handle
-source 1.5 & -target 1.5 for now. So sensible default would be to
only have -target 1.6 and have means to override that (in exception case.

David