fdo#55814: unit test is missing

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Thu Mar 21 02:42:27 PDT 2013

Hi Miklos,

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 11:18 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 02:29:54PM +0100, David Ostrovsky <david.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I wonder why we don't have any unit test for that part of code?
>
> We do have one:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=10e02dfdffb5ef3a02a40b52c6cda176f7f4447c
>
> It's just not testing the case we have in fdo#55814.

Thank you for that pointer, the question was about programmatic creation
of such a document and not loading an existing one. Guys was laughing at
me that i am trying to create one ;-)

But it turns out, that only 21 steps are needed (well at least in java)
and here we go:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3333bb59e2e22161fcf66e3c71f58f5b160a24c9

And yes i am going to migrate it to C++ as you argued that it would be
easier to debug then java. I wonder if it would make sense to establish
Python_test machinery in our build system to be able to write such and
many other tests in python instead and just say make Pytest_sw_complex
instead of make JunitTest_sw_complex (python have got unittest module
that we can start with)?

Last but not least, thank you, Michael Stahl and Stephan for helping me
to set it all up ;-)

David