[4.0] Calc+Base fail without registry/writer.xcd from Writer package

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Mar 21 02:53:42 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 05:45:30PM +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> We are running in a bug with the current package file lists making Calc
> and Base to fail to load without having Writer installed. Check

> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34332 and
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34378.

> It turns out that Calc and Base now need
> /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/registry/writer.xcd present on the system.

> Is this a wanted change or a bug?

Speaking of base, my guess is (but I'd be happy for a tester to
confirm) that one cannot (and never could) create / use any form or
report without Writer installed. So libreoffice-base should at least
recommend libreoffice-writer.

As to the "does not run at all", for both Base and Calc, ideally it
would be nice to see *which* setting in writed.xcd they need, and
maybe migrate this to a common/base file?

--
Lionel