LibreOffice for Android (how the overcome the problem with the 50 MB limit)

Martyn Russell martyn at lanedo.com
Mon Mar 25 03:27:13 PDT 2013

On 25/03/13 10:16, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-03-23 at 11:19 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>> Wouldn’t it also be beneficial for developers as well in the sense
>> that the build and compile only what they need as well as for build
>> bots too?

Build bots should IMO build what's being delivered (e.g. documentation,
tests, etc) to ensure they still work as a minimum.

> 	Perhaps - avoiding the compile-time unit tests also speeds things up
> for developers - but it's not something we recommend or advertise :-)

Generally, with the Tracker project (which is dwarfed by LibreOffice in
terms of size naturally, but which has many functional and unit tests)
we don't enable these by default and only the core developers tend to
enable them to make sure we catch the problems before releases. This
should be eased further if you have buildbot/farms/etc. For people
generally trying to build and use the project from source, you could
argue it's more of a hindrance than a benefit.

--
Regards,
Martyn

Founder and CEO of Lanedo GmbH.