Trouble regarding fdo#42893

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Mar 26 07:12:47 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 17:20 +0530, Janit Anjaria wrote:
> I have coded the concept patch but i have been getting an error where
> the writer "hangs" and doesnt give an appropriate output.

	Great :-) then you have some endless loop on the main thread.

> It would be great if someone could provide me help so i can complete
> the bug hence LO gets this feature up working asap.

	So - do:

	$ ps auwx | grep soffice.bin # note the pid of soffice.bin
	gdb
	attach <that pid you noted above>
	<ctrl>-c
	thread apply all backtrace

	And (I imagine thread one) should be in the piece of code that is
hanging. Quite possibly you need to re-configure with --enable-symbols
and re-build just the piece that is hanging (initially) to get gdb to
show you much that is of use :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.