gerrit's mail when adding a reviewer

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 05:54:27 PDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 10:22 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 01:28:18PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Just noticed that when I add a reviewer to somebody else's change,
>> gerrit sends a mail taking on my identity ("Stephan Bergmann (via
>> Code Review) <gerrit at gerrit.libreoffice.org>") claiming "I have
>> submitted a patch for review."  But I did not submit anything for
>> review, I merely invited somebody else to also review something.  I
>> find that confusing at least.
>
> If you find a better wording, submit a patch for:
>
>   https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=gerrit-etc.git;a=blob;f=mail/NewChange.vm;h=34af52f6a6c9a90fe9e9bb758d9c9721eea9bba0;hb=a60a0f9771a6d31c3e6c0c1b3745613264678b3f

But is that text only used when one adds an additional reviewer to an
existing change, or is it also used for the initial mail when a new
change is uploaded?

If there is only one text used in both cases, the below change from "I'd
like you to do a code review" to "I have submitted a patch for review"
was apparently unsound.

Stephan