[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Minutes - March 22nd, 2013

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 07:04:19 PDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 05:34 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>      *Contest
>>          +Prizes
>>              -The Document Foundation (TDF) is unable to pay for prizes
>> because of legal reasons, but handing out LibreOffice merchandise should
>> work
> Note while TDF itself (the german-based foundatio) has some
> limitations, there is also SPI and other funding options - so getting
> the money should not be the problem here.
>
> And regarding Talkyoo: everyone seems to complain, but more or less
> everytime the problems were due to the operator not knowing how to
> unlock the room/start the meeting (or in other words: no problem with
> the service, but with the people not knowing what to do) or because
> people were all using skype to dial in, despite everywhere it is
> mentioned that skype connectivity is limited and it is better to use
> landline numbers wherever possible.
>
> So what exactly were those problems this time?
>
> ciao
> Christian
Thanks Christian for the reply. Thorsten has also said that SPI as well
as Friends of OpenDocument are available for funding things if needed.
At this point we intend on sticking with LibreOffice gear which I think
TDF will be able to pay for - if not we'll get in touch with those
groups to see what kind of funding we can get. I think at most we're
looking at $500 but if we can jump onto a bigger purchase of stuff maybe
we can get it cheaper.

As for Talkyoo, there were multiple problems this time around. Most of
us have used talkyoo quite a bit so I am hesitant to say it was user
error. There was one skype user who had problems (no pick up), for me I
was using a cell phone, after I put in the room number I just got this
annoying beep over and over again (almost like an obnoxious busy tone),
then a couple people did in fact connect but couldn't hear anything. I
am happy with Talkyoo in general but this time around it was a bust,
also the skype support is almost a must (a couple people have no other
option) - in the past it has worked fine, this time it was just a flop.

Best,
Joel