[board-discuss] LibreOffice Swag/Merchandise Bulk Purchase?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 11:37:25 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Florian Effenberger
> <floeff at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Michael Meeks wrote on 2013-03-28 12:56:
>>>
>>>         The stop energy has already reached epic proportions here:-)  The
>>> plan
>>> is to encourage SPI to fund this - which should be no issue.
>>

>> sure, that would be no issue then. :)
>

> So if I'm reading this right, even if we combine with an event that we need
> LibreOffice gear, we can't use that gear as a prize and therefor TDF cannot
> be involved at all? If this is the case I'll plan on going through SPI which
> is cool but will be unfortunate in the sense that we could spend more than
> necessary as a bulk order may cut cost substantially.

I think it would be perfectly fine for an individual to place an bulk
order for 50 T-shirts, and then have SPI buy 20 of them, TDF buy 20
more, and have a few individuals buy 1 or 2 each.

As long as we keep our noses clean and make sure that...
1) We get the organizations/individuals to pre-order the merchandise
2) We don't spend more than 40 € of TDF's money per year, per person
3) We make sure to deliver the merchandise once it arrives

...then I think that we should be okay. At least that's how I
understand the situation, anyhow :-)

Cheers,
--R