[us-marketing] Re: [board-discuss] LibreOffice Swag/Merchandise Bulk Purchase?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:23:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Robinson Tryon wrote on 2013-03-28 19:37:
>
>> 2) We don't spend more than 40 € of TDF's money per year, per person
>

> remember there are certain things we need to count in here, including e.g. a
> possible party at the next LibOCon. Doing via SPI is *much* better.

Oh, certainly. I was just trying to assert the point that it should be
technically possible for us to accomplish a bulk purchase of items by
having a separate entity (e.g. an individual) coordinate and make the
actual purchase.

Quick question: How does the 40 € rule apply if, say, Marketing wants
to purchase $200 of assorted T-shirts, pens, and stickers to
distribute? Does Marketing in that circumstance need to provide a
description of how they're going to distribute the swag and to whom?

Thanks,
--R