minutes of ESC call ...

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Thu Mar 28 13:34:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 05:26:29PM +0000, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
>         + instead have the global headers in one central global directory
>                 + check behaviour of git-cherry-pick (Miklos)

Yes, both cherry-pick and revert should support renames, there is even a
testcase for that:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/git/git.git/tree/t/t3501-revert-cherry-pick.sh

Other than that, this is what I tested:

1) imported one of our headers in a test repo as
   module/inc/module/foo.hxx on the master branch
2) created libreoffice-4-0 branch (but still kept master as checked out)
3) moved the header to inc/module/foo.hxx
4) fixed a "bug" in inc/module/foo.hxx
5) checked out the libreoffice-4-0 branch
6) cherry-picked the "fix" from step 4)

and it resolved the conflict automatically.

7) went back to master, did a "feature" commit, and a second bugfix
8) checked out libreoffice-4-0 again, cherry-picking of the second
bugfix went fine again.

So it looks good to me.

Miklos