Compiling vcldemo

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 03:42:14 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm a newbie, but have been very interested in the vcldemo that is in
vcl/workben, so I thought I'd try to get it to compile. However, I'm
struggling a bit with gbuild, and also with cppumaker.

Firstly, I have managed to get it to initially compile. What I've done
is the following:

1. Modified Repository.mk - in the call to
gb_Helper_register_executables, I have added vcldemo

2. Modified vcl/Module_vcl.mk - added Executable_demo to gb_Module_add_targets

3. Added the file vcl/Executable_demo.mk (which I copied from
Executable_ui-previewer.mk and modified accordingly). The contents of
this file are:

$(eval $(call gb_Executable_Executable,vcldemo))

$(eval $(call gb_Executable_use_static_libraries,vcldemo,\
    vclmain \
))

$(eval $(call gb_Executable_use_libraries,ui-previewer,\
    comphelper \
    cppu \
    cppuhelper \
    sal \
    tl \
    ucbhelper \
    vcl \
))

$(eval $(call gb_Executable_add_exception_objects,vcldemo,\
    vcl/workben/vcldemo \
))

# vim: set noet sw=4 ts=4:

---

Now I run "make vcl", only it tells me that it can't find
XMultiServiceFactory.hpp:

chris at LibreOfficeDev:~/repos/LibreOffice/core$ make vcl
cd /home/chris/repos/LibreOffice/core/vcl && /usr/bin/make -j 1 -rs
[build CMP] vcl/vcl.unx
[build CXX] vcl/workben/vcldemo.cxx
/home/chris/repos/LibreOffice/core/vcl/workben/vcldemo.cxx:23:54:
fatal error: com/sun/star/lang/XMultiServiceFactory.hpp: No such file
or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/home/chris/repos/LibreOffice/core/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CxxObject/vcl/workben/vcldemo.o]
Error 1
make: *** [vcl] Error 2

---

Now my understanding is that I need to use cppumaker to generate the
files. I have looked at the documentation on OpenOffice.org, and I see
it is part of the UDK -
http://www.openoffice.org/udk/common/man/tools.html#cppumaker - but I
have two issues:

a. where do I find cppumaker? Where is it installed?
b. How do I invoke it to create the relevant headers?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Chris Sherlock