Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Albert Thuswaldner albert.thuswaldner at gmail.com
Thu May 2 00:52:35 PDT 2013

Hi,
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> So, is there anyone who is _not_ a sponsored developer opposing to kill the mail
> spammage? If so:
>
> - could this be mitigated by a separate gerrit-patches mailing list?
> - could this be mitigated by a daily digest of "gerrit news"?
> - could this be mitigated by other means?

I vote to have a daily digest with just the newly subbmitted patches.
I think it is important with some sort of visibility of the patch flow
on the dev-list, for general heads-up on what is going on, and more
importantly as an instrument to reduce risk of duplication of work.

I'm against having a separate mailinglist for this.i wouldn't
subscribe to this list, and I guess newcomers will simply miss out on
this. In this case pointing to those summaries ought to be enough
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/status:open,n,z
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/status:merged,n,z
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/status:abandoned,n,z

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log

Maybe these links could be inluded into the daily digest as part of
some standard introduction.

/Albert