XCheckBox question

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu May 2 11:04:38 PDT 2013

Hi all,

A user over on the English user list asked whether it was possible to
resize a checkbox in a form. I replied that to my knowledge, this had
never been possible, not even way back in StarOffice times. However, I
wanted to double-check and so started hunting around in the code.

I've found XCheckbox.hpp, hdl, idl and the API reference in awt, but
nothing seems to indicate that resizing is possible. The interface
XCheckbox only has methods for getting and setting the state, adding and
removing item listeners, and setting the label and tristate.

A reference to XLayoutConstrains seems to indicate that only getting,
but not setting, the size (minimum, preferred, and calcadjusted) of the
checkbox is possible.

Could anyone shed some light on this for me with hints to the code ? A
quick look through awt didn't reveal anything particularly inspiring and
I couldn't seem to find a corresponding XCheckbox.cxx file (in
comparison to other elements of the toolkit), so perhaps this has never
existed ?

Alex