Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri May 3 07:31:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
>>
> Ok - but then I see even less reason for another list, if it is
> read-only. Gerrit already lets me get email for any number of events,
> with filters & all. So if additional action is necessary anyway -
> which subscribing to a 2nd list is - why not suggest to everyone
> interested to customize his or her own private gerrit firehose?

As an alternative, we could start by providing easy instructions on
how to filter mail from gerrit.

If I just point all mail from gerrit at gerrit.tdf-server-blah to
/read/me/later, does that cover it all? Is there a good, consistent
naming convention that I can use to filter mail from gerrit into
separate categories?

Cheers,
--R