Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri May 3 16:13:06 PDT 2013

Hey Bjoern,

you write:
> That is mostly true, but having a list has some additional advantages:
> - Its an archive
> - Its searchable and discoverable in google

I would hope this is true also for gerrit? ;)

> - Some people dont wanna learn about gerrit and a mailing list is
>   something that they easily know and understand

As in, they'd be in the set intersection of

 - have trouble coping with mail volume today
 - would be willing to get even more mail tomorrow, but in different
   list
 - don't want to learn about gerrit

That should be precious few people, I'd think? ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten