Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 19:48:20 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2 May 2013 18:49:30 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen <
bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> so collecting the feedback so far, here is a proposal:
>
> - move the gerrit mails to a separate list
>  - since we now have an opt-in channel, we also mail about comments to
changes
>    on that list, not only if there is a new proposal
> - in addition, aim for a daily digest to the dev-list

Can we take into account that some people read the dev mailing list via the
digest?

I'm not sure why discussing patches would be precluded from the dev ML,
surely someone just says "In relation to gerrit change xxx, I would like to
mention etc. etc."

Those who watch the gerrit changes will subscribe to the ML for that, and
then bring forward discussion to the dev list for patches, etc.

Incidentally, I don't really mind either way myself, but I'm really a
newbie to the list and to LO code anyway.

Chris