making the win32 build easier ?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat May 4 05:39:20 PDT 2013

Hi there,

	I was reading through and following the steps in:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies#Install_Windows_Build_Requirements

	And it struck me that at least the Ant and JUnit pieces look as if we
could mirror them trivially at a known location, and auto-download them
if they are not found (as we do for many other pieces). Both seem to be
packaged reasonably sensibly as either a tar.gz or a single .jar file.

	Is that something we could do for Windows at least ?

	Otherwise - I was rather impressed by the quality of the instructions,
and ease of setup / build on Windows (compared with how it used to be) -
it took only a day (of which most of the time was spent doing other
things) to get a working build.

	Nice work there all !

	ATB,

		Michael.